5 REWARDING THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH YOUR FREE TIME

September 05, 2017


There's always that time in everyone's life when it feels like the world has ground to a halt, and the earth has stopped spinning on its axis.
You know !!! that time when it feels like Nothing "wants" to happen. So, you're literally dragging yourself through life, bored, confused and clueless.

I was once at that place. I was at home for four years, sick and drained of life, looking at the door but unable to go through it.
Obviously, I had loads of free time at my disposal, so what did I do with it?
I read an entire library of books.. Literally!!

Maybe you're a fresh graduate looking for a job, or you just lost your job,a retiree or a stay at home mom with kids who have started school, whatever it is, as long as you have some free time at your disposal, You can actually put it to good use. Make your free time a fruitful time :) what do you say ?

1.TAKE A TRIP: If you have the means, take a trip, visit new places, Know your world, meet new people, make new connections, make new acquaintances. You sure would learn a thing or two in the end.

2.FURTHER YOUR EDUCATION: you can actually take classes, music classes, online courses, French or skill acquisition classes.
learning never ends.
Take the opportunity and improve on your profile, boost your resume. it will come in handy when the time comes.

3.READ: reading is one of the most productive things you can do with your free time. read a book or two each week or however you can, Some of the world's most successful people attribute their success to consistent reading. It Will improve your communication skills, make you more informed, broaden your horizon as well as improve your vocabulary.

4.BECOME AN EXPERT: you can spend your free time acquiring a skill of your choice. You can also spend it perfecting the skills you already have, try to become an expert at your hobbies/ talent. Like they say, when preparation meets opportunity success is imminent.

5. LEARN A LANGUAGE :I am using my free time to perfect my French and Arabic. You could do the same. You'd be glad you did.

Any more suggestions lovely people?

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Reading is definitely my go-to activity when I actually have some free time. It doesn't happen that often right now as I have two littles but I do love to read and take the chance whenever I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading in my down time. We also enjoy traveling, and plan to try to do that more often with our boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took some time off after university and I spent that time traveling and just being with my family. It was some of the best days ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these are all great tips -- I love reading and always finding new ways to invest in myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is talking to me. I have been doing that with free time and I want to add learning a new language to my free time. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading is something that I love doing because it allows me to learn new lessons in life! It's really one of the best things that you can do during your free time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The reading part is so important! I didn't value reading and felt like it was a chore as an adult now I understand how rewarding and therapeutic it is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the taking a trip and educating yourself more. I feel like you can never experience and learn enough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of these are excellent uses of your time. Always want to better yourself. And learning new lessons is always helpful to that cause.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Free time always gives you opportunities , you just have to take them . Awesome post and list to read! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that furthering your education made the list. I consider myself a life long learner, so this is great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are some great ideas, there really is so much you can do in your free time you just need to think about what you can do and what you want to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!! Don't forget to use the comment box below. Your comment could change someone's life. Who knows :)

Page views