STAND AND FIGHT OR TAKE A FLIGHT?

June 19, 2017


Last week I was at a place where I needed to make a decision to either continue doing a certain thing or stop and make a fresh start.
 I am sure we all get to that point where we are faced with this life defining question, do I stand and fight for what I want, what I believe in or do I let go?

Do I go out of my way and make an extra effort or do I walk away?

 I am not being specific to any particular circumstance or situation because this question cuts across every sphere of life. school, business,relationships, work and even when it comes down to what you believe in.

sometimes the right thing to do is to stop and make a fresh start, to change course, to start a new chapter because that's what is best for the situation, and other times  the solution to a problem would be to keep putting in more effort and to persevere.

 it can get really confusing to know what is best for each situation. There is no clear cut answer. However there are ways you can determine and know what to do under  each circumstance,

You can ask yourself these questions
Why am I doing this?
What is the benefit in this?
How necessary Is it?
How hard have I worked?
 Have I given it my best?
Is it worth my time?
Is it worth doing?
Is this thing crucial to my existence?
If I stop now would I feel at peace with myself ?
 have done my best?
 if I stop now would it be a mistake ?
 Have I really tried enough..?
The list can go on and on

to each situation it's own set of questions. The most important thing being pointed out here is that, as a person you must understand that there comes a time when you must Stand and fight for what you want, against all odds, throw away pride, laziness, apathy, ego, etc because failure to do so would lead to regret.

 Look within and always endeavor to know where to draw the line.

You Might Also Like

29 comments

  1. We all have to take a stand at one point or another.. Stand and fight is the motto

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to take stand whether now or afterwards , so why not take it now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. This happens to every single one of us and we have to be strong enough to ask these questions to ourselves because sometimes we're so lost we can't even find the answers. Thanks for sharing your experience

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does, and it's always good to know what each situation requires. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  5. I just did some major changes in my work situation and I recognize alot of what you are writing. I actually wrote about my life changing moment on my blog :) Maybe you would like to read it: https://forfatterwannabe.wordpress.com/2017/06/01/a-step-into-the-unknown-a-life-changing-moment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for reading. I will certainly check your post out.

      Delete
  6. Great article. You know, I often ask myself some of those questions when I have to make a tough decision (and people say I'm overthinking things).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Vladimir, sometimes it's good to over think in other to get the right thing done.

      Delete
  7. I really enjoyed reading this post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful post.. and yes we have to look within to find answers

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tend to always think for myself and rarely look to what everyone is doing. I think that is so important, otherwise you tend to lose yourself. Great post. Really makes you think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Blog .....And keep Sharing your inspirational thought ....

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's one thought provoking and inspirational post. Will definitely ponder on the questions! Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good article. As someone with Chronic illness I'm envious at how many people chose to stand and fight but if I expel too much energy I suffer from seizure episodes so I definitely have to pick my battles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's hard to know when you've got to that point at times, but the questions you wrote are going to be a great reminder and prompt for me. Thanks for sharing

    Tori | www.torisworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's so true, even if one runs away for the time being, we will have to take a stand sometime later for sure.. hence better take it at the right time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. As the saying goes "anything worth doing is worth doing well" In everything we put ourselves to do or achieve we must have to do our very best and also it is also necessary to pause at sometime in life and reminisce. Very important cause it help to get us back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Having done all to stand, stand! Nice post. Inspiring. The questions are thought provoking too

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anytime I have to make a decision I ask myself if in the long run I would be happy or not with the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am not the type of person and nor should anyone be and sit on the fence!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!! Don't forget to use the comment box below. Your comment could change someone's life. Who knows :)

Page views